- Position: Warehouse Worker – Night Shift
DescriptionProvide the labor necessary to identify, receive, and ship cases and bottles of wines and spirits, moving products from location to location and/or loading and unloading of trucks.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Placing cases of product into inventory locations upon receipt.
- Accurately identifying cases or bottles to be picked from a pick document and placing product by hand onto the conveyor system in the process of loading delivery trucks.
- Accurately pick, pack, palletize, wrap and tag special transfer orders.
- Hand stacking cases/bottles of product in a specific sequence and location on a delivery truck.
- Removing cases/bottles of product from delivery trucks.
- Returning undelivered cases/bottles to their proper inventory locations.
- Moving and stacking cases/bottles for the purpose of conducting physical inventory.
- Repacking bottles of product into special packages for special promotional programs.
- Perform the cleaning and maintenance duties as may be directed by the warehouse supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve Performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience No prior experience or training.
- Language Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Forklift certification preferred.
- Other Skills and Abilities Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.